The Customers section shows you all customers that registered in your store, or place an order and leave account data in your store.
List of content:
That section is divided into a few elements:
- Customer roles,
- Customer tags,
- Activity log,
Each section is very intuitive, so we will describe only the main process related to customer management and related functionalities.
The main page shows all customers created in your store, by default list has applied a filter - Customer role = Registered, to avoid listing Guest accounts.
In GrandNode you are able to filter customers. All available filtering options are hidden, to open them press the "Filter" button.
Click on any record from the customer list to get the full details of it. The customer details page contains all information needed to manage contact. The customer details page contains a few tabs:
- Customer info - Basic information about customers.
- Customer roles - In the other words - customer groups. List of all roles that are assigned to that customer.
- Orders - List of all orders made by that customer.
- Reviews - List of all reviews created by that customer.
- Addresses - List of addresses assigned to that customer.
- Current cart and wishlist - If a customer has an active shopping cart or wishlist, it will be visible here.
- Personalized products - Possibility to create personalized offers for customers. In that tab, it's also possible to assign individual product prices for that customer.
- Customer notes - Additional customer notes to keep communication with the customer, or to leave additional information about the customer to co-workers.
- Activity log - The activity log contains all information related to customer activity in your store.
- Back in stock subscription - List of all out of stock products, for which the customer is waiting and waiting for automatic notification when they return to the store.
- Reward points - In that section, you can find necessary information about customers' reward points history.
- Documents - In that section, you can attach additional documents, if your customer management workflow requires it.
There are two ways of adding customers. First, it's obvious, customers register in your store. The second one is manual creation in the admin panel. To add a customer press the "Add new" button in the top-right corner of the window. You will see the empty form, fill the gaps and press save changes.
Please note that if you change your password - press the "Change password" button. Pressing the save changes button won't save the password field.
There are two ways of deleting customers. First, directly from the customer's list. Check all customers that you would like to remove and press the Delete selected button. If you want to delete a single account, you can do it also from the customer details page. Just press the Delete button in the top-right corner of the window.
Our main goal was to enable larger companies to divide their accounts. For many companies, it was sometimes troublesome that one account was used by 5 employees who could simultaneously place an order and add products to the cart. When one user added a product to the cart, it was automatically added to another, if one of the employees removed the product, it was deleted elsewhere. That’s why we were looking for an easy way to allow business owners to create dependent accounts for each employee. Employees are able to fully use the store, place orders, but they can only see their orders. On the other hand, managers can see all orders placed by employees collectively.
Setup is very simple, in the Admin panel go to Configuration -> Settings -> Customer settings. Turn off the Hide Subaccounts Tab setting, you will see the Subaccounts menu item in the My Account section. Now, on the main account, visit the Subaccount tab, and create a new subaccount.
You can do it also directly from the admin panel. You need to add the user manually and set the Owner of the account. Just enter the e-mail address of the owner in the proper field.
Every customer can be assigned to specified customer roles (customer groups). Customer roles are used to provide a better user experience. It's a basic GrandNode feature, by default we have a few customer roles:
You can limit the content in your store to a particular customer group. For example, you can hide prices for guest users, set lower/higher prices for the specified customer groups. Customers can be automatically added to the customer group as a reaction to customer action. However, you can do it manually on the customer details page. Just go to the "Customer roles" tab and select all roles to which you want to add a customer. You can manage customer roles in the Customer roles tab in the Customers menu.